When managing a factory or other potentially hazardous facility it is important to take every measure possible to ensure the safety of the employees who work there, any visitors who come through and of course the equipment and products which are in the facility. As with any business, however, you also have to balance your budget with any safety steps you’re taking. One of the most inexpensive, yet effective, ways to improve safety is to have clear markings on the floor to help people avoid accidents. 5S floor tape is the perfect way to identify a variety of different hazards or just help people get where they are supposed to go safely.
There are many different things which 5s floor tape can be used for and each facility will be a little different. It is recommended that you take the time to plan out the best use of floor markings so you get the best results. While there is no official standard on where tape should be used, each facility should have an official guideline so everyone is on the same page.
Types of Floor Tape
There are many different types of 5s floor tape to choose from which can really help ensure your facility is as safe as possible. Choosing a different color for different things will help people to understand exactly what the floor tape is indicating at a specific point. There are also different widths of tape which can be useful in keeping people away from dangerous areas.
Where to Use 5s Floor Tape
Choosing where to use your floor tape is a complex set of decisions because you want to make sure you are getting the best results from it. One nice thing about this tape is that it is inexpensive and you can pull it up if necessary, but it is always best to get it right the first time to avoid confusion and unnecessary difficulties.
To help choose where you’d like to place this versatile tape in your facility take a moment to review some of these common placement ideas:
- Walk Ways – Many factories have designed areas which people can safely walk through. Lining these paths will help ensure people don’t accidently wander into an area where they could get hurt by moving machinery or other hazards.
- Driving Paths – Most facilities have hi-los and other vehicles which drive around moving items from place to place. Using 5s floor tape to identify where these vehicles are likely to be can help people keep a closer eye out for them.
- Machinery Movement – When there are machines which move it is a good idea to use this tape to clearly mark the areas which the machinery might move into. Keeping people out of the path of large machinery is critical to the safety of any facility.
- Exits – In larger facilities it is a good idea to have easily identifiable paths to the nearest exists. Using a specific color floor tape for this is a good way to improve safety.
- Floor Marking for Factories– creativesafetysupply.com
- 5S Floor Marking– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- 5S Vinyl Floor Tape– aislemarking.com
- Floor Tape + 5S = Success– floor-tape.com
- Floor Tape Applications– floortape101.com
- How To Mark Your Site With Floor Tape for Ultimate Safety– realsafety.org
- How Floor Signs can help with your 5S Project– safetyblognews.com
- Using Floor Tape for Facility Safety– facilityfloormarking.com
- Heavy Duty Floor Tape- Why It Is Required?– heavydutyfloortape.com