Manufacturing Day is on October 5. I hope they can fill all of these jobs they say they have just waiting for the right candidates.
I’m not sure if all of that is because pay scales for some of these positions are only attracting less qualified applicants or if there truly is a line of people with no aptitude to do the job – or at least to be trained at the job.
I do think that, if these companies would be willing to train a person to do the job, it could get filled.
Here is an infographic about manufacturing that I found on the NIST website:
- Lean and Kaizen are not meant to eliminate People
- How to Hire a Safety Consultant
- 5S Red Tags
- Healthcare and Workplace Injuries
- Mass Production & Lean: What’s the difference?
- Muri Mura Muda Concept
- NIST Certification / Calibration– creativesafetysupply.com
- Forklift Safety Infographic– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Does 3-D Printing Have a Role in Lean Manufacturing?– iecieeechallenge.org
- Applying The Concept Of Lean Manufacturing– lean-news.com
- Robots are Improving Productivity in the Manufacturing World– 5snews.com
- New Fall Protection Website for Residential Construction Workers– babelplex.com