While most individuals are happy to have a nice tool box full of tools which they likely only use a couple times per year, a factory or other facility often has thousands of different tools so they need something a little bigger. In many cases they will keep their tools in drawers which are lined with custom tool storage foam. The foam is made to hold these tools in a very well organized and safe way to ensure people can locate the right tools and use them as quickly as possible.
In addition to helping people find the tools they need it can also help keep the tools safe by preventing them from getting bumped around and damaged. Of course many tools are sturdy and won’t get damaged from a little bumping, but some precision instruments need to be cared for carefully to keep them functioning properly.
Where to Find Tool Storage Foam
You can order tool storage foam from many different locations. Most facilities will want custom foam made to fit the exact tools into the best possible configuration to help ensure that everyone is working at peak efficiency. Fortunately there are custom foam storage kits available as well which helps provide all sorts of different factories and other facilities with exactly what they are looking for. This helps them quickly move from the disorganized mess they have now to a very well managed system that makes everyone’s job a lot easier.
The foam is very firm and allows you to put tools in snugly so they don’t accidentally fall out and cause more problems. Since each tool will have its own spot you also don’t have to worry about all your tools being just stacked on top of each other like often happens when people just throw them in a drawer. Where ever you decide to get your tool storage foam it is important that it is installed properly and used correctly.
Using Tool Storage Foam
It is absolutely essential that anyone who uses tool storage foam takes the time to make a detailed list of all tools they have. That includes going right down to listing the number and size of every ratchet or drill bit you own. This will help you when using the storage foam because you can have everything properly labeled to make it as simple as possible to place your tools in the drawers for future use.
Many people even replace larger drawers with multiple thinner drawers since they are no longer just stacking tools up in them. This is a great way to get yourself additional space which is much more efficient. You can label each drawer and keep track of what tools are in what drawers so even a new employee won’t have any trouble locating the right tool for the task at hand. There are many ways to help improve the efficiency of a facility when you have tool storage foam which is well planned out and properly used by everyone in the area.
- Custom Foam Drawer Liners
- Spill Control Supplies
- 5 Safety Tips to Keep Your Employees Safe
- 5S Supplies
- 5S Red Tags
- How to Organize Your Shop: Try 5S
- Why Use a Checklist for Your Inspections?
- Using 5S Tools to Keep a Clean and Efficient Workspace
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Tool Box Organizers – 19 Tips & Hacks for Your Tool Box– creativesafetysupply.com
- Foam Tool Organizers in the Garage– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- 5S Supplies You Need: Foam Organizers– 5snews.com
- How To Cut Tool Foam– blog.toolfoamsupply.com
- 5S Supplies for Auto Shop– lean-news.com
- A Lean Transformation: Tool Organization– kaizen-news.com
- Tips for Keeping Your Storage Area Organized– realsafety.org
- Reorganizing Your Toolbox– babelplex.com